Ruedathon & Jukan Baila presente:
Ruedathon 2023 Kickoff Party
DJ Walt Digz,
Dayramir González + Pepito Gomez
8 - 10 pm
86 34th Street
Sunset Park (BK), NY 11232
(Immediately followed by the regular Friday night Jukan Baila party, which is also free admission, so stay for both!)
Saturday will be a VERY full day. There will be limited opportunities to stop to eat. Participants are strongly encouraged to pack food and water to get you through the day.
Begin to congregate at Pier 17, South Street Seaport (Manhattan) (for GPS purposes use 89 South St, New York, NY 10038).
Rueda at South Street Seaport
Leave South Street Seaport to walk to Wall Street Pier 11 Ferry Terminal
Rueda at Wall Street Pier 11 Ferry Terminal
Depart on Soundview Ferry from Wall Street Pier 11 en route to Throggs Neck (Bronx)
Arrive Throggs Neck
Rueda at Ferry Point Park
Depart Throggs Neck on Sound View Ferry en route to East 90th Street (Manhattan)
Arrive East 90th Street
Rueda and social dancing near pier
Depart East 90th Street on Astoria Ferry en route to 34th Street.
Arrive 34th Street.
Rueda by the 34th Street pier
Depart 34th Street on East River Ferry en route to DUMBO (Brooklyn)
Arrive DUMBO (Brooklyn)
Rueda and social dancing on/near Fulton Ferry Landing
Depart Fulton Ferry Landing. Walk to A/C train at High Street station.
Approx 5:15 pm
Catch A or C train en route to West 4th Street station (Manhattan)
Approx 5:45 pm
Arrive West 4th Street Station (Manhattan) and walk to Washington Square Park
Rueda at Washington Square Park
6:00 – 7:00 pm
Attend live performance by People of Earth, Garibaldi Plaza in Washington Square Park (near Grand Arch)
Depart Washington Square Park and walk to Christopher-Sheridan station to catch 1 train.
Approx. 7:30 pm
Catch 1 train from Christopher-Sheridan station en route to Whitehall Street/South Ferry
Approx. 8:00 pm
Arrive Whitehall Street/South Ferry station and walk to Staten Island Ferry Terminal.
Approx. 8:30 pm
Catch Staten Island Ferry to Staten Island
Arrive Staten Island
Rueda and social dancing near Staten Island Ferry Landing
Catch Staten Island Ferry en route to Staten Island Ferry Terminal in Manhattan
Arrive Staten Island Ferry Terminal in Manhattan.
END and say our good nights. (Note: the end location is less than one block from the 1, 4, 5 R and W trains, for people to make their way home)
- As always, the route and schedule is tentative and subject to change based on a variety of possible circumstances, but we will do our best to give as much notice as possible if we have to re-route.
- MTA train fares are now $2.90 per ride. We will be taking two train trips, which will cost a total of $5.80.
- NYC ferry tickets are $4.00 apiece. Once activated, tickets generally can be used for up to 90 minutes. Using this route, we approximate that we will each need to use 4 to 6 tickets, at a cost of $16 -24. (NYC also allow patrons to purchase 10-packs of tickets for $27.50, or $2;75 apiece)
- We STRONGLY suggest that you download the NYC Ferry App to your smart phone in advance of Ruedathon and link it a credit or debit card. That will allow you to quickly and easily purchase tickets. https://www.ferry.nyc/download-our-app/
- If you do not download the NYC Ferry App, we suggest that you buy all of your tickets for the day at once at the very beginning of the day. We have a tight schedule and will not be able to wait for you if you are buying your ticket when the ferry leaves. You will get left. If you have any unused tickets at the end of the day, do not worry, they won’t go to waste. Tickets are good for one year from the date of purchase.
- For more information on NYC Ferry including maps, schedules, routes visit: https://www.ferry.nyc.
- Ruedathion t-shirts and other merchandise are available for purchase at https://ruedathon.myspreadshop.com.